- Food & Beverage Bottles & Jars
- Metal jar caps and lids are recyclable
- Rinse clean
- Not necessary to remove labels
- Ceramics, China or Drinking Glasses
- Window Glass
- Fluorescent bulbs contain mercury and are to be handled as household hazardous waste. They can be recycled for a fee. Review Recycling brochure for details.
* The glass you recycle is made into new glass bottles, glassphalt, ceramic & more
* The U.S. annually produces about 12.5 million tons of glass of which 3.7 million tons is recycled.
* Overall, glass recycling saves over 25% of the energy necessary to make glass with virgin materials
* All glass food and beverage containers can be recycled
* Container glass is 100% recyclable
* Over a ton of resources is saved for every ton of glass recycled -- 1,330 pounds of sand, 433 pounds of soda ash, 433 pounds of limestone, and 151 pounds of feldspar and a ton of glass produced from raw materials creates 384 pounds of mining waste
* A glass jar which could take up to one million years to decompose in a landfill can be recycled over and over again.