Food Share Program

Helps persons and families who have little money or resources to buy the food they need for good health. Generally, individuals or families who use food stamps are either disabled and cannot work, have lost their jobs, or are employed but do not make sufficient income. Eligibility is based on federal income and asset guidelines.

How to Apply

Online Application

To apply for FoodShare online, please go to and click the 'Apply for Benefits' button in the middle of the page.

Telephone Application

To apply for FoodShare, or any other Economic Support benefit, by phone, please contact the Bay Lake Consortium at 888-794-5747.

In-Person Application

To apply for FoodShare in person, please come to Oconto County Health and Human Services. The Economic Support Services area is located on the 3rd floor in Building C. Some brief paperwork will need to be completed, and then a client registration staff member will set up an appointment to meet with an eligibility worker.

Mailed Application

A paper application can be requested by calling 888-794-5747. The paper application can be returned via fax to 855-293-1822 or via mail to: CDPU, P.O. Box 5234, Janesville, WI 53547-5234.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF) which can be obtained online, from any USDA office, by calling 833-620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:


Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
1320 Braddock Place, Room 334
Alexandria, VA 22314


833-256-1665 or 202-690-7442


Email Civil Rights Complaints

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

More Equal Opportunity Information

Bay Lake Consortium

Most changes affecting benefits that you receive through Oconto County Economic Support should be reported to the Bay Lake Consortium Change and Information Center. Changes are taken by phone, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4 pm excluding holidays. By calling 888-794-5747, your change can be handled immediately and you will know the status of your benefits. Depending on the change you are reporting and the program(s) you are receiving assistance for, verification of the information may be required.

Some changes that should be reported to the Bay Lake Consortium are:

  • Birth of a child
  • Address changes
  • Changes in income or assets
  • Changes in expenses

You may also fax verifications and documents to 855-293-1822 or mail to:

P.O. Box 5234
Janesville, WI 53547

More information on the Food Share Program