FAQ » General
Apply For:
1. How do I apply for a drivers license renewal or test?

Wisconsin State Dept. of Transportation representatives are in the City of Oconto on Tuesday and Thursday (7:00am - 5:00pm) at 1008 Pecor Street Telephone: (800) 924-3570 or go to WISDOT (Limited access for persons with a disability.)

2. How do I apply for a Marriage License?

Obtain information from the County Clerks Office or find the forms Here.

General Information
1. Who do I need to talk to about Garbage Pickup?

Contact your local Town, Village or City Official - Click Here

2. I need to contact Social Security Administration; Do you have their number?

Telephone: 1-800-772-1213 or www.ssa.gov

Get Help:
1. How do I get help with and OWI assessment?

If you are court-ordered to have an OWI assessment, you must be assessed in the county that you live in. If you live in Oconto County, you would come to the Oconto County Health and Human Services to register for the assessment. Registration consists of paying the $240.00 assessment fee in full before you will be given an appointment. You will also be asked to complete a questionnaire about your alcohol and drug use. When you come to your appointment, you must bring a copy of the arrest report with you. You must also bring an adult family member. At the assessment, a driver safety plan will be developed based on your needs. The plan could range from a minimum of educational classes to alcohol and drug treatment.

2. How do I get help with questions about behavioral health, alchohol/drug or psychiatric services?

Call (920) 834-7000 and ask for the Clinical Intake Worker.

1. How do I locate the Oconto County Courthouse?

A map to the Courthouse can be found Here.

1. How do I report child abuse or neglect?

During normal working hours contact the Department of Health and Human services at (920) 834-7000 and ask for the Family Services Intake Worker. If it is after hours, contact your local law enforcement agency.

Request or Purchase:
1. How do I purchase a new Oconto County Platbook?

Oconto County Platbooks may be purchsed from the County Clerks office at the Oconto County Courthouse.

Order forms can be found Here.

2. How do I purchase an annual boat launch sticker?

Boat launch stickers may be purchased one of three ways
  • You can order online with Visa or Mastercard on the county website: www.co.oconto.wi.us and Click on the 'Permits' icon.
  • Or at the Oconto County Courthouse, third floor Annex, Forestry and Parks Department
  • Or mail a check paybable to: Oconto County Forest & Parks Department , 301 Washington Street, Oconto, WI 54153. Name, address, vehicle license plate number and Wisconsin Boat Registration number must accompany check. Fee $30.00
3. How do I Request a Firewood Permit?

Firewood permits are restricted to residents and/or landowners of Oconto County. Firewood taken is for personal use only and is not to be sold. Call 920-834-6995 for site locations.

4. How do I request a Timber Cutting Notice?

Wisconsin Statute Chapter 26.03 requires that all persons must file a cutting notice with the County Clerk prior to cutting any logs, poles, posts, pulpwood, Christmas trees, or other forest products from any privately owned forest land in Wisconsin. A cutting notice is not required for cutting fuelwood for personal home use, when clearing land for agricultural use or for cutting up to 5 Christmas trees on your property for your own use. The primary reason for this requirement is to ensure that all property taxes are up-to-date and paid in full before harvesting begins. The law also helps protect private woodlands from destructive harvesting practices. Cutting notice permit forms may be obtained by mail from the County Clerks office or from the Department of Natural Resources. Each cutting notice filed is valid through December 31 of the year it was issued. Information needed to complete the permit includes: description, section, township and range, land owner and loggers name and address. The County Clerk submits each cutting notice to the County Treasurer to determine if there are any unpaid taxes on the land. When permits are completed, they are returned to the applicant and copies are provided to Town Chairpersons and the area DNR Forester.

The Notice of Timber Cutting Form can be found Here.