The demand is high for regulated child care in Oconto County. Parents utilizing child care assistance from the state must take their child(ren) to regulated providers, either certified in-home providers or licensed centers. Here’s why we need you:
- Brain Development
- The birth-to-three period is the fastest rate of brain development across the entire human life span.
- Ninety percent of a child’s brain development happens before age 5.
- ALL caregivers who are part of a child’s life impact his/her brain development.
- A 3-year-old’s brain is twice as active as an adult’s brain.
- Babies whose parents and caregivers frequently talk to them know 300 more words by age 2 than babies who are rarely spoken to.
- Talking, singing, playing and reading are some of the key activities that help a child’s brain develop.
- Child Care providers make a big difference!!
- Research shows that taking good care of infants and young children is one of the most important long-term goals of any society.
- If you have a love for children and a passion for education, perhaps your talents can help get kids off to a great start in life.
- Certified Family Child Care Providers play a crucial role in supporting parents and their communities.
Are you looking for a great career opportunity? To start your own business in your own home? We need quality day care for our Oconto County children. The Oconto County Child Care Certifier is here to help and offer technical assistance with the application process as well as assistance that is needed throughout your certification.
We will prepare you to service children with quality child care. For more information and/or to obtain an application packet, please contact Carla Ruechel, Oconto County Child Care Coordinator/Certifier, at 920-834-7161, or email at email@example.com.