Oconto County Forest, Parks and Recreation
Effective immediately, the Oconto County Parks Department will close the following camping at Chute Pond, North Bay Shore and County Forest Primitive Camping along with the Machickanee Shooting Range. All shelter and restroom buildings are closed for use until further notice. Reservations will still be accepted for camping after June 1, 2020 and will follow normal cancellation policy at this time.
Oconto County boat launches, forest, NON-MOTORIZED trail use, and park grounds remain open to the public. Practicing social distancing is key to slow the spread. User fees are waived, so please do not congregate at self-registration stations. To the extent individuals are using shared or outdoor spaces other than their home or residence, they must at all times as reasonably possible maintain social distancing of at least six (6) feet from any other person consistent with Social Distancing Requirements, except that they do not need to maintain social distancing between family members in a single living unit or household members.
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, please check back regularly for updates.
Here's what you need to know about Oconto County Forest & Parks operations and offerings:
County Parks, Trails and Forests
- Oconto County boat launches, parks, trails and forests are open to the public.
- Entrance fees are waived.
- Stay as close to home as possible and in your community.
- Buildings are closed.
- All campgrounds are closed to camping.
- No new camping reservations will be taken for dates prior to June 1, 2020.
- Visitors are reminded to practice proper personal hygiene to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to limit group sizes to under ten people when enjoying county properties.
- Park users may see Forest & Parks staff or law enforcement ensuring everyone’s safety as they enjoy the outdoors; and, to ensure social distancing guidelines are being practiced for everyone’s health.
Annual User Passes are available for sale 24 hours a day at: http://www.co.oconto.wi.us/parks/permits_and_products/
We at Oconto County Forest & Parks thank you for your patience and cooperation as we all go through the COVID-19 emergency. We will update information as needed during this fluid situation.
Be more than safe and stay healthy out there.