Oconto County understands that residents are likely to have many questions following the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s decision which overturned the Safer at Home Order. Oconto County officials are meeting with local partners, and consulting with state and local authorities to determine our next steps to protect community health and safety.
In the meantime, Oconto County respectfully requests that residents do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19. Actions you can take include:
- Maintain at least 6 feet between yourself and others;
- Do not congregate in groups larger than 10 people without physical distancing between groups;
- Wash your hands frequently;
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces;
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Stay home when you are sick.
The change in the law does not mean that the COVID-19 virus is any less contagious or serious. Oconto County officials will work together towards a plan that keeps our residents and visitors as safe and healthy as possible. Please stay tuned for more information.