- Fax Machines
- DVD, VCR's
- Any handheld devices
- Any other electronic items
- Remove any personal data from hard drives or other storage devices
- Recycling fees apply (ask recycling attendant)
- Do not remove or cut cords
- Items that have cords cut or missing components are subject to a double fee.
Benefits of Reuse/Recycling
What are the environmental benefits of reusing and recycling e-waste?Electronic products are made from valuable resources and highly engineered materials, including metals, plastics, and glass, all of which require energy to mine and manufacture them. Reusing and recycling consumer electronics conserves our natural resources and avoids air and water pollution, as well as greenhouse gas emissions that are caused by manufacturing virgin materials.
- Recycling one million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by 3,657 US homes in a year.
- One metric ton of circuit boards can contain 40 to 800 times the concentrations of gold ore mined in the US and 30-40 times the concentration of copper ore mined in the US.